Noxsquad Gamenight - Tabletop Simulator - 17th February 2017 8pm GMT

Discussion in 'Events Archive' started by The_NeonGhost, Feb 14, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

It's been a while since the sound of the humble Board Game made its way though the Noxsquad's halls. The sound of rolling dice, the shuffle of cards...
    The many expletives as you get given a +4 card in Uno (We've all been there)

Grab your Cheetos and Mountain Dew...

Ladies and Gentlemen, this week's game Night is....
    TABLETOP SIMULATOR!

[​IMG]
    Who's Invited?
    YOU!
    Everyone is Invited!

When is it?

17th February 2017, 8PM GMT
    Where do I join?
    The Noxcrew TeamSpeak server: voice.noxcrew.com

Confused? Here's a guide on how to install TeamSpeak3 and join the voice comm server, it's easy!: LINK
    Game server IP will be shared on the night with the attendees!

[​IMG]

Tabletop Simulator is exactly what it says on the tin. A Virtual tabletop for you to play any card or Dice game you like. And with Steam Workshop painstakingly recreating every known board game available (within Copyright reason), the possibilities are endless to what you can play!

Mad for a round of Munchkins? Salivating for a game of Snake Oil? Or brave enough to survive a Betrayal at House on the Hill? It's all here waiting for you to open the virtual box...

[​IMG]
    1. Download Steam and make an Account.
    2. Go to the Store and install Tabletop Simulator (£14.99)
    3: Click Play Now
    4. Get ready to rock and roll (those dice)​

[​IMG]

With so many games and different tastes to cater for, we're going to cycle through different games throughout the night. If you have a specific game you want to play, let Noctis or myself know in advance so we can download the mods in advance. We don't want to be waiting for downloads on the night. If there's too many people playing, I may ask someone to host a game so we can alternate as needed.

[​IMG]
    1. Be considerate to other players feelings. There will be banter, but don't take it too far or make it personal. We have had incidents of people taking things waaaaay to seriously, not getting into the spirit of Gamenights or just generally being no fun to play with (Salt levels at max) While I have no issue against people getting a little salty, it is getting to a point where people don't want to play because of activities that go on during Gamenights. This is unacceptable. We're here to have fun, not compete. If this sort of behaviour continues, action will be taken.

2. NO FLIPPING THE TABLE! It links into Rule 1 here. It might be funny, but disrupting someone else's game because you lost is not big or clever.

3. RP is actively encouraged. If we play an RPG style game, get into character. Be the slimy salesman in Snake Oil. Be the half crazed scientist in Eldritch Horror. Be a cigar smoking swindler in Cash n' Guns. Make it your Game Night.​

[​IMG]
    Can I play without TS?

Not really. We give out the IP over TeamSpeak, and actively encourage everyone to get together in a single place to play
    I don't have a microphone. Can I still play?

Yes. Most of us will have microphones, but if you don't have one, it's doesn't matter. Just be prepared to type fast if you're being interrogated/ bartering/pleading your defense etc.

SO DON'T FORGET!
    Tabletop Simulator
    Noxcrew TeamSpeak

Join Room: Noxsquad GameNight: TS
    17th February 2017, 8pm GMT

Everyone is welcome!!!